Besakih temple tour is a trip package to visit Besakih, the biggest temple in Bali called “the mother temples”. On the way to Besakih, there are several places of interest will be visited like Kerta Gosa, Bukit Jambul, Mas art village and Celuk Village.
PLACES OF INTEREST
* Besakih Temple is located in Agung mountainside owns very huge area with beautiful and artistic of building temple. Besakih is the Hindu temple complex with many temple existing in this area from the first parking area up to the foot of the mountain. The Besakih’s name is come from the word of Basuki, the old language from Sanskrit Wasuki.
* Celuk Village which is renowned for its gold and silver works, skilled artisants create exquisite pieces of jewellery. There are a lot of silver smiths in the edge of main road of this village. We will see the activities of local silver smith in one of home industry at this village.
* Mas village is well know with it’s art, carving handicrafts, statue handicraft and many more from a long time ago until now days. In this village is the famous traditional art painting with totally beautiful art work.
* Elephant Cave called “Goa Gajah” is one of Hinduism and Buddhist meditation place on 11 century. At the façade of the cave is a relief of various menacing creatures and demons carved right into the rock at the cave entrance. Around goa gajah there is reservoir contains seven statues of male sprites and fairies are holding holy water. Purportedly these water spouts is symbolization of seven holy and honor rivers in India, whether with the reliance of Hinduism in Bali.
* Kertha Gosa pavilion is an example of Balinese architecture located on the island of Bali, in the center city Klungkung. It’s very beautiful encircled by the fishpond with tropical plantations to add the artistic value that makes this place is good places to be visited. The building roof is well decorated by the ancient puppets painting depicting human life in eternity and also reward accepted.